A few days ago, she wanted a Kit Kat, so I got one for her and another extra. I told her I'd keep the extra one for myself. She suggested I share it with Daddy.
I asked her if she planned to get Daddy a Father's Day present. She said yes. I teased her saying that she didn't get me one for Mother's Day, only a card. She said, "At least I made you a card, you must be thankful for what you have!" Daddy's response was "That's my girl!"
Yesterday, Daddy missed what I said to him a few times. So she said Daddy is half deaf, and Daddy heard it (and simply smiled). "He even has to turn up the volume in the car to 15! But I (she has possession of the remote control for the audio player in the car) turned it down to 14."
I said 14 is still loud (we usually tell her the maximum volume is 10). She replied, "Yes, but I just didn't want to hurt his feelings."
When the little girl is still little, she only has eyes for daddy. But in years to come, when the little girl becomes a teenager, will that still hold true? Only time will tell but I'm sure daddy will still be wrapped around her not-so-little finger whether he admits it or not.
Happy Father's Day to all Daddies and Grandpas!

No comments:
Post a Comment