Sunday, May 20, 2012

Whizzzz, Zoooom, Whooosh....

This is my third consecutive post for the day. I'm making up for lost time this month in writing in this blog. I left this blog 'silent' for three weeks, something I seldom do. I usually post one per week. It's just that time seems to go 'whiz, zoom and whoosh' and before I realise it, it's been quite a few weeks.

The daily routine of juggling all the stuff a housewife, homemaker, stay-at-home-mom, or whatever you wish to call those people who work-so-hard-do-all-sorts-of-things-don't-get-paid-for-anything is responsible for, just takes up so much time. And by 'all the stuff', I mean stuff like grocery shopping, laundry, ironing, chauffering, cooking, washing, cleaning, tidying, dog grooming and feeding, plant watering and trimming, nagging, prodding, bill paying, errand running, problem solving, household fittings and appliance care and management, homework and music practice supervision, and goodness knows what else! In between all these, this housewife takes breaks by reading online news and blogs, venting her woes on Facebook, writing her fortnightly column, watching a bit of TV or YouTube at times, griping, venting and sometimes wondering what life would be like if she were married to a billionaire and could spend all her days going to spas, checking out new restaurants and travelling around the world seeking out new adventures! Yes, all that juggling just makes one dizzy enough at times to just wish for what appears to be greener pastures.

In the past week, I've done all of the above, and most weeks, I do all of the above too. On top of the usual plant watering and trimming, I literally pushed down one small tree with my bare hands (felt like the female version of Samson!) and reduced it to pieces to fit into a garbage bag, covered myself with dog fur by giving Rusty a full groom, played veterinarian with a little skin problem, played dentist by extracting a loose tooth of C's using my thumb, forefinger and a piece of gauze for grip, reported to the school about a driver who's constantly been flouting the school traffic rules, battled a reluctant Year 4 student during mid-term exams, did some grammar-checking and proofreading work for two business reports, renewed my driver's licence, took the car to a tyre shop to get a screw and a nail out of one tyre, and just this evening, got frustrated with my cranky oven while the chicken was roasting inside, as well as harping about the evils of the television and grumbling at two people in particular who worship it.

Okay, that's all the whiz, zoom and whoosh for the week. I'm going to call it a night now as a new whiz-zoom-whoosh week begins tomorrow. I will be without my car for the larger part of the day. On Saturday, it went into the 'hospital' to replace the front suspension and all related parts and couldn't get done within the day. This coming week will precede the next two weeks of mid-term school holidays. This coming Friday, the last day of school, C's school will be celebrating Teacher's Day which is originally on May 16th. What small tokens of appreciation should we give her teachers? Maybe C and I could bake some cupcakes for them....if only I could twitch my nose or snap my fingers and voila, they're done!

Oh...and this coming Saturday, I have a nephew's birthday lunch and an alumni dinner to attend and help out at. I'm tired just thinking about the coming week.

Admiring nature like the flowers in my garden can be therapeutic sometimes.




No comments: