Thursday, April 12, 2012

Foodie public holiday

The mid-week public holiday yesterday for the installation of our 14th Yang Dipertuan Agong (King) has gotten me slightly off-track. I keep thinking it's Monday today instead of Thursday.

We made an unplanned trip to visit my in-laws in Klang yesterday and had lunch with them at our favourite seafood restaurant, Yong Tat Restaurant in Telok Gong. We had fried lala beehoon (vermicelli with clams), prawns, crabs and mushrooms. And before coming home, we just had to pack Klang's famous offering of 'bak kut teh' from Teluk Pulai so that I didn't have to cook dinner.

But in the end, we saved the 'bak kut teh' in the fridge for tonight instead as we made last-minute plans to have dinner with my side of the family at a western food cafe in Taman Desa. We had our individual meals of chicken maryland, spaghetti bolognaise, spaghetti alfredo, oxtail soup, oxtail stew, chicken deminoff, grilled salmon spaghetti, and chicken cordon bleu. If you give them your business card, you can get a VIP privilege card that entitles you to 15% discount.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera along to take pictures of all the food we had to share it here and make us drool.

It's back to school and work today for C and E, and work/chores for me at home. The weekend is coming soon but we won't be able to sleep in this Saturday. C's school is conducting their Sports Day rehearsal at the actual venue (a stadium, away from school) so we'll have to get up early to get her there by 7.30am. Sports day will be on 28th April, another Saturday which we can't sleep in.

The weather has not been too good this week as it's usually very hot in the morning and by late afternoon it pours. The sudden changes in temperature and having to get in and out of the house and car several times a day is irritating my nose and throat. I might just go see a doctor today for my mild sore throat.

Yesterday evening, parts of Malaysia felt the tremors of the 8.9 and 8.7 quakes that took place off Sumatera. A tsunami alert was issued and thankfully at this time of writing, no tsunami has happened.

No comments: