Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My toddler's gone!! Oh no....

Where's my cute, sweet, adorable toddler gone? I've been missing her for a number of years now. Gone are the days when I used to be the centre of her universe, when she clung to me and came to me for everything, wth her cute babyish voice calling "mummy, mummy..." I do miss those toddler years.

Caitlin is eight years old today. "I'm eight years old! I'm a big girl now!" she declared this morning as she came downstairs for breakfast before heading off to school. I thought to myself, "yeah, yeah, big girl....if only...then I'd be free of headaches and stress in nagging her to eat, do her homework, practise her music, sending her for classes..."

She is still cute, sweet and adorable but not as much as before. The 'not as much' part is when she is mischievous, cheeky, defiant, talks back and prefers to do her own thing. Books and toys are the centre of her universe. She'll only use her cute babyish voice calling "mummy, mummy" when she wants something badly. Ha ha ha.

Happy Birthday, my princess. I pray you will always be the clever, fun-loving and sensitive person you are. Keep your inquiring mind and depth of thought, and learn to be more focused, independent and not give up when things get tough.

Caitlin at 15 months, Jan 2004:

No comments: