Friday, September 4, 2009

Beware of call from 03-2178 8888

This has been passed around via email recently. It is not a hoax as I personally experienced it.

Be Aware of the call from 03-2178 8888

Dear friends,

Please do not believe the call from 03-2178 8888 Ambank Customer Service Hotline.

This happened to my family members.
Incident 1
My father received a call from Ambank last Wednesday. The customer service officer told my father he has an outstanding amount of RM3,800 for his credit card account.My father felt weird and called me to check. I told my father to ignore the call since he does not have any account in Ambank. But he insists that i check & gave me the number that appeared in his mobile, which is 03-2178 8888.

Finally I called Ambank Customer Service Center & told them the incident. The officer told me that they have received a lot of customer complains regarding the same incident recently. They have made a police report regarding the incident.She told me NOT to believe those calls from 03-2178 8888 because the hotline is for public to call in and the same number will not appear if the call is really made from an Ambank staff.

Incident 2
My youngest brother received a call from 03-21788888 from Ambank yesterday & the guy wanted to check with my brother whether he is using the credit card to buy jewellery from Poh Kong in KLCC & the amt is about RM3,000. My brother was
wondering because he does not have any credit card from any bank. Then the guy told him that maybe there is someone using my brothers identity to apply for their credit card. The guy said my brother has to pay an outstanding amount of RM5,000 which has been swiped previously even though he does not have the card. My brother was very angry, but the guy told him to report to Bank Negara and he directly
transferred the line to "Bank Negara Officer".

The "Bank Negara Officer" told that my brother has to change all the PIN number of his saving accounts since his identity has been used by somebody. "The Officer" asked my brother to go to the ATM machine immediately and he will call my brother
again to teach him how to change the PIN number. He told my brother not to check his account within 3 days after changing the PIN number.

My brother was wondering & he told the "Officer" that he only can do it the next day.The "Officer" asked my brother to go to the ATM machine at 10am the next day & he will call my brother. After hanging up the call, my brother called me & told me about the incident. I asked my brother to ignore it & told him the incident that happened to my father last week.My brother told me that those "Officers" were very professional & made him feel that the incident really happened.

Dear Friends, Please be aware of the call from 03-2178 8888.

1 comment:

skyjuice said...

THANK YOU..
I JUST RECEIVED ALSO.