Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday madness

It's the start of a new week. The routine and dreadful cycle of daily life begins again. Dragged myself out of bed at 5.50 am to get Caitlin ready for school. The morning rush gets adrenalin pumping pretty quickly and the droopy eyelids have no time to fight the ticking clock. In between making/packing eat-in-car breakfast for C & E, I feed the dog, shout out frequent timechecks to the two upstairs who are dressing up and gobble down my own breakfast.

Pick up after the dog and C & E, make the beds, tidy up clutter and kitchen and breakfast stuff, do laundry. I then decide to give Rusty a fur trim and overdue bath. Meanwhile, soup is simmering on the stove for dinner tonight. Rusty is naughty and gets an accidental bald patch at his ribs. The 'detachable fur-length adaptor' from the electric trimmer falls out during a struggle while I was running the trimmer down his ribs......

Rush to get out of the house for a late morning appointment. Just realised I had to print out something for the meeting ...no printer or computer so gotta go to old place. Clicked 'print' and it says "Printer out of paper"....aargh, no spare paper here at the old place....guess I have to send the document over later....

While driving here I was wondering how people can plan their activities far ahead. Some have their children's schol holidays marked out and have booked tickets in January for December holidays. For ACE? or at least me? gosh....even what we're gonna do this weekend is still a question mark let alone holidays or activities in May, June,...September....December.....

Ok, late morning is becoming afternoon soon so I have to leave this poor lonely computer here....

2 comments:

mumsgather said...

Oh my goodness. That sounds like a mad morning rush indeed!

Anna said...

Hi MG, yes indeed and the story didn't end there....had to rush to school after that to fetch the kid and rush her to do homework before rushing to drum lesson....could only breathe after that which was dinner time already! A stay-home mother's life is such right?