Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Horrors...Caitlin said "F**k"

This happened on Monday in the car on the way home from school. She almost dropped the bun she was eating and her immediate reaction was "F**k!" I couldn't believe my ears! If I weren't driving and having to keep my eyes on the road I'd probably have reacted rashly with a glare and a shout.

"What did you say?!" I asked....Thus, began a series of probing questions on how she learnt that word, if she knew what it means. To my own surprise, I was calm and collected in handling the situation and talking to her in the hope that the word will never ever be repeated in future.

Going to talk to her teacher when I go to school in a few hours' time to fetch her back home....

She learnt it from a classmate sitting behind her recently according to her. She doesn't know the meaning and actually asked what it meant....Didn't want or know how to describe the meaning as I think she's too young to know so I changed the subject as I realised my mission in letting her know that it's a bad word and she should not use it and should not use words she doesn't know the meaning of has been accomplished.

Sigh...kids are exposed to so much these days. I didn't even know that word existed until I was in my 20s and working!!

No comments: