Thursday, February 12, 2009

Clever way with words

Caitlin tends to forget to drink water, or doesn't drink enough when left on her own. Everyday we remind her to drink lots of water, empty her water bottle if possible while at school. Yesterday, she drank barely one cup's equivalent between 7.30am and 3pm. So at dinner Eugene asked her why.

Her reply: I drank, but the bottle is too tall! (i.e. bigger than necessary and makes it look like she didn't drink enough...)

Before that, she showed me one of her exercise books with a slightly torn cover. I asked what happen.

Her reply: I was in a hurry to leave the classroom at dismissal so I was not careful in keeping the book inside the bag. (Sounds right because the inside of her bag was a real mess when I checked it!) She continued: I was thinking, "Pooooor mummy, waiting outside for me, sooo hot...", that's why lah....

1 comment:

mumsgather said...

Hahaha. So clever. My boy hated drinking water but after going to kindy and hearing the teachers say that water is good for them, must drink a lot, he has started drinking. Teachers words always prevail against mother one. Yesterday, I reminded him to drink water and he told me "But I drink a lot already in Penang." Hahaha.