Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tattoos


What does the word "tattoo" conjure up in your mind? Military tattoo and marching bands? Not so common I think. It'd most likely be LA, London, Miami Ink? Gangsterism? Triads? Significant personal events, memories, relationships that have impacted your life? Positive or negative? Needles and pain? Traditional, cultural, current fad? Permanent or temporary? Dyes, henna or stickers?

If you were to get a tattoo, what would the reason be? What design? Children play with the sticker and washable paint types mainly for fun. Adults use henna, dyes and stickers for fun, cosmetic and other known or unknown reasons. If I were to get a permanent one, it would be of personal significance, not for body decoration unless it's a temporary one simply for fun or for a crazy party.

No, I'm not thinking of getting a tattoo. It's just that in my lifetime, I've known of people and friends who have got themselves one or more, for various reasons. And just a few days ago, I found out another friend plans to get one. Good and glad for him!

No comments: