Monday, September 15, 2008

What I've heard recently

No prizes for guessing who said all these:

"Why do you keep making me like a maid? I'm tired of tidying up."
"Can I adopt that dog now, pleease?"
"Can I go to kung fu class?"
"I want a dalmation."
"When I grow up, I want to be a diva."
"I want a German Shepherd."
"I don't want A (best friend in class) to be my friend anymore. She always wants her way. I don't want to go to school forever and ever."
"I want a husky."
"Can you tell me the story of how you and daddy met, fell in love, got married and have a kid like me?"
"I want a long-haired dachsund."
"Marriage is forever..."
"I want an English cocker spaniel."
"I want you to look after me."
"I want an English cocker spaniel and a long-haired dachsund."
"When I grow up, I want a pink racing car."
"I want a rabbit and hamsters."
"Can I watch tv, one laaast time, please?"
"When I grow up, I want to be an ASPCA officer to rescue all the animals."
"I don't like bull terriers, they're so ugly and disgusting."

2 comments:

Yin Foong Lim said...

The difference between boys and girls --- I NEVER get those married questions!

But I certainly get a lot of the pet ones - 'I want a cat' I want a pet', 'Pleeeaaase can I have a dog?'

Wonder if it is a 5-6 year old type of question or a only child type?

Anna said...

Hi Yin Foong
Nice to see you here. I don't think the pet requests are only-child type questions. I've friends whose non-only-child kids also pester about pets. I think it's more of an I-love-animals phase.