Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics 2008

The Beijing 2008 Olympic Games has started! I caught the first two hours of its opening ceremony. I must say the choreography, costumes, and fireworks were spectacular, with the involvement of so many thousands of performers. Imagine how much practice, coordination, teamwork, manhours have been put in for just one night's show.

Managed to catch my country's team in the parade. I didn't like the colours of their costume - yellow and black. I could feel the pride in the hearts of the participants from all the countries, some with just a few in their contigent and some with hundreds of them, carrying and waving their country's flag as they walked into the Bird Nest stadium.

And I was surprised to see Sarah Brightman singing duet the theme song "You and Me" with another Chinese singer Liu Huan.

No comments: