Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Time for more blues, petrol price up

This afternoon it rained very heavily. It must have been the signal from the heavens on the gloom that was about to befall Malaysian vehicle owners - petrol price hike again! And this time it's going up 40% from RM1.92 per litre to RM2.70, an increase of 78 sen....

At this time of writing, all petrol stations throughout the county are definitely jam-packed with cars queueing up to fill up before the price goes up at midnight. My mum in Seremban called to inform me upon hearing the news. So did my mother-in-law. Earlier I heard about the impending increase from my brother. My mum said some stations in Seremban have even closed their doors as their supply has run out! And my father-in-law, according to my MIL is stuck in a queue to fill up his tank....

Read here and here for more details. Along with the petrol price increase, electrity tariff will go up too....

Everything is going up, except our paychecks. Start tightening our belts and work harder to look for supplementary income, residual income, passive income....

No comments: