Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mid life crisis?

Lately, I've been feeling bored with the routine I'm in with the tendency to daydream and having bouts of nostalgia. Hence, some of the recent posts! I wonder if it's mid life crisis.

Wikipedia defines it as "a period of dramatic self-doubt that is typically felt in the 'middle years' of life, as people sense the passing of youth and the imminence of old age." Ahh, I think I should be approaching or maybe I have approached my 'middle years'.

Wiki also said "for the approximately 10% of middle aged adults who go through an age-related midlife crisis, the condition is most common ranging from the ages of 35-50 (a large study in the 1990s found that the average age at onset of a self-described 'mid-life crisis' was 46). Mid life crises last about 3-10 years in men and 2-5 years in women."

Average age of self-described mid life crisis was 46 it said, but I'm not 46 yet... It lasts two to five years in women it also said. I sure am hoping I'm not having mid life crisis and it won't last that long if I do!

Ha ha, in my younger days, mid life crisis was something like an 'enigma' to me. It seemed like something only people in books or movies experience.

No comments: