Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pokemon


Caitlin was introduced to Pokemon some weeks back when she happened to watch the cartoons at her cousins' place. She had been pestering for similar Pokemon videos and we gave in last Sunday with the purchase of a DVD.

Now I have to study what Pokemon is all about. I knew of its existence a long time ago but never bothered to learn more about it as I've never been a fan of Japanese cartoons in general.

There's adventure, fighting, some level of violence. Whether it is healthy in terms of moral and values, I've yet to determine, although millions of kids and even adults are into it via trading cards, video games, anime, manga, VCDs, DVDs, etc.

Wikipedia, as usual, gives quite a good general overview of it.

Sigh, I sometimes wish there aren't that many things in the kid entertainment world. I already have my plate full with just ensuring the basic needs are taken care of properly.

No comments: