Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Get paid for blogging

I had mentioned before in one of my earlier posts that since I'm actively blogging, I might as well look into opportunities to make some money out of it. I have been continuously looking out for blog advertising sites.

A couple of days ago, I did a search and came across Smorty. Smorty links advertisers with bloggers. Many companies now advertise on blogs and they will pay bloggers to write opinions about their products and services with links back to the advertiser's website.

Usually, the blogger will have to meet some simple requirements such as including certain keywords, links or pictures related to the advertiser, as well as a minimum number of words in the post. Smorty requires a mimimum of 150 words and not more than 400 words.

The sites that I've come across so far pay in US dollars via PayPal. When in search of blog advertising sites, one has to be careful as there are some which are scams. Like any business, especially e-commerce businesses, there are legitimate/legal ones and there are those which are out to make a fast buck or cheat customers.

I checked some other bloggers which have joined Smorty and the reviews seem to come back positive (i.e. no complaints about their ethics and payments) so I guess it should be a safe place to do business.

If you have a blog and want to make some money, Smorty and other blog advertising sites could be one way. Smorty takes about two to three days to approve your blog. When you sign up, you just have to make sure your blog meets their requirements, some of which are: indexed in Google and Yahoo!, must be at least three months old, must not contain violent, hate or adult content, and must be active and contain two new posts per week.

No comments: