Monday, December 3, 2007

Irony

I received an SMS yesterday evening which stated:

Irony. You know you live in a silly world when being "normal" is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

I believe one answer to that situation would be to achieve financial freedom. I have just read this book "Speedwealth" by T. Harv Eker. He writes:

"Wealth is not just money. For most people, wealth includes an abundance of money, free time, loving relationships, inner peace, and having a sense of meaning and fulfillment....

What is unfortunate however, is that even though most people want to be happy, have more fun, laugh more, love more and enjoy their lives more, it's difficult to concentrate on these things when you're struggling financially.

Money problems can take the luster out of life. I'm not saying money is everything. Money isn't everything unless you don't have any, then it seems to become everything.

The fact is, in our society, money is an important TOOL. Money is like a lubricant -- going through life without it is very, very, rough.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it can buy FREEDOM: freedom of choice, to be able to do what you enjoy doing and not be forced to do things just because you need "the money."

It's a shame. I have seen far too many good, kind-hearted, talented people, unable to share their unique gifts and talents to the fullest, because they're simply too busy trying to survive. They work long and hard but never get ahead financially. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "If you're going to work hard anyway, you might as well get rich...and the quicker the better."

2 comments:

Nah-Nah said...

Hi Anna, it's me, one of your pal from Harv's seminar in Singapore. Lady, you sure have a pretty well done blog. You're my inspiration.. will be more discipline in updating mine.

And yes, what an irony these days so many families worked round the clock:

1. To pay the loans on their luxurious cars which stay in the carpark most part of the day when they are at work.

2. To pay off the mortgage of that beautiful home which they leave vacant all day.

Where have all those childhood dreams gone?

Life's too short to spend working on things we do not like... Live it! to the fullest.

Anna said...

Hi Nah Nah! Great to hear from you and thanks for your compliments about my blog. I agree that we should always try our best to do what we love. I've forced myself to do things that I thought I had to before, and it's certainly not fun!