Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A productive day

I am pretty satisfied today was quite a productive one considering that Caitlin was home with me all day. I decided to keep her out of school today and tomorrow due to the chronic cough that she's developed once again from a runny nose after a seven-month hiatus.

Somehow, she was pretty compliant and 80% well-behaved throughout the day. I was actually expecting the worse this morning when the notion that I'd have her with me all day at home hit me.

Here's roughly what she did today:

Read a few books by herself after breakfast

Completed about six pages of math (subtraction) with my guidance

Coloured some pictures in her Barney colouring book

Practised music on the piano for 15 minutes

Took a nap on her own (so I could cook dinner in peace)

Read more books by herself after her nap, and arranged them back on the shelves by herself

ATE DINNER AT THE TABLE ALL BY HERSELF AND FINISHED ALL THE FOOD ON HER PLATE!!!


Played some computer games and read some online stories, and AGREED to stop when I told her to (although she cheated a little by turning the pages back to read the story backwards to prolong her computer time!)

Completed four pages of subtraction so far on her own (with only one mistake!!) while I'm writing this (despite coming over to check on me very frequently!)

Notice all the caps and exclamation marks I have. That's how surprised (and pleased) I am!

She is now doing another page of math. I can hear her counting aloud in the other room. Next and finally, I hope she'll turn in for the night without protest!

No comments: