Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Spirit of Adventure

I enjoy the interesting moments when Caitlin voices her enthusiasm for trying out new things. Most of them are activities that she has seen on TV, read in books or watched others doing. Among them are ice skating, playing the drums (the real ones), going on a roller coaster, driving a racing car, going camping, surfing, diving and joining an acrobatic school! These ideas sometimes awaken my long-forgotten spirit of adventure.

Some of these activities such as ice skating, surfing, and diving were also my desire during my younger days. While these have yet to be fulfilled, I had managed to experience several roller coaster rides, and got an overdose of camping in our mosquito-infested jungles. And I wonder if trying out the high-wire trapeze at Club Med counts for acrobatics.

It is a shame that Caitlin is still a little too young to try out some of these activities now. I can’t wait for the day when she can. I can then scratch that long-suppressed itch to get out there and play! Talk about being deprived of outdoor fun!

No comments: